Just a few of the amazing sights Within a 1 hour drive from our base
Our Local Area
Providing Everything You Need
Caminito Del Rey
The walkway was built to provide workers at the hydroelectric power plants at Chorro Falls and Gaitanejo Falls with a means to cross between them, to provide for transport of materials, and to help facilitate inspection and maintenance of the channel. The construction began in 1901 and was finished in 1905. King Alfonso XIII crossed the walkway in 1921 for the inauguration of the dam Conde del Guadalhorce, and it became known by its present name. The walkway is 1 metre (3 ft) in width and rises over 100 metres (330 ft) above the river below.Traversing a collapsed section in 2006, The original path was constructed of concrete and rested on steel rails supported by stanchions built at approximately 45 degrees into the rock face. It deteriorated over the years, and there were numerous sections where part or all of the concrete top had collapsed. The result was large open-air gaps bridged only by narrow steel beams or other supports. Few of the original handrails remained, although a safety wire ran the length of the path. Several people died on the walkway and, after two fatal accidents in 1999 and 2000, the local government closed both entrances. Even so, in the four years leading up to 2013, four people died attempting to climb the gorge, The Current state of El Caminito del Rey, with the original pathway below and new pathway above
The regional government of Andalusia and the local government of Málaga agreed in June 2011 to share costs of restoration (including car parking and a museum) of €9 million. The project took approximately three years to complete, Many of the original features remained in place. In March 2014, the cornerstone of the rehabilitation project was laid by specialized alpinists. The walkway reopened on 29 March 2015
The Bullring in Antequera opened on 20 August 1848. It was developed quickly, using wood for upper sections. However, it was in good condition until 1980, when it was acquired by the city of Antequera. Three years later, it was fully renovated.
Façade work began in 1984. It included a new main gate in the shade area in the style of the late-eighteenth-century architects from Antequera. The rest of the façade combined brickwork and whitewashed sections.
Then the interior was taken care of: reconstructed rows, reduced ring and replaced decks with galleries, Tuscan limestone columns and round arches. Covering the galleries and the façade, a saddle roof made with traditional Arab tiles.
After all this work, the bullring looked quite different from the earlier 1848 version. In fact, it is one of the most beautiful bullrings in Spain.
Immerse yourself in the wonders of the Alcazaba, the Alhambra and Nasrid Palaces, and the lush Moorish gardens of Generalife.
Admire the different architectural styles that make up the Alcazaba and the Candle Tower, and take a stroll in the Garden of the Adarves.
Find yourself entranced by the beauty of the summer palace of the Nasrids, the Generalife Palace and pay a visit to the Soultana’s Court and the water Stairway.
Book Tickets here, https://www.alhambra-granada-tickets.com/
El Torcal de Antequera
is a nature reserve in the Sierra del Torcal mountain range located south of the city of Antequera, in the province of Málaga off the A45 road in Andalusia, Spain. It is known for its unusual landforms, and is regarded as one of the most impressive karst landscapes in Europe.
The Torcal de Antequera Natural Area has a network of trails for public use that run through part of the natural area. The routes for public use are freely accessible, free of charge and are signposted so that anyone can follow them without the need for authorization or prior reservation . Download the "Public Use Map" (2.77MB) here .